Jesus (Updated)Apr 02
For more news, information, and links to Jesus-related books, videos, websites and other resources, visit NHNE Jesus on Facebook.
To read all the posts on this website pertaining to Jesus, click here.
Especially Important Jesus-Related Posts on Pulse
• Germany’s Great Church Sell-Off
• Mary Breastfeeding Jesus: Christmas’ Missing Icon
• New Movie: ‘Hellbound?’ (Updated)
• Ancient Papyrus Fragment Suggests Jesus Was Married
• What If Jesus Had Been A Republican?
• Is Jesus Reaching Out To Muslims Through Their Dreams?
• New Evidence Supports John The Baptist Bones Theory
• Ossuary of James: Shanks Believes ‘Brother of Jesus’ Inscription Is Authentic
• Robert Perry: ‘Loving Personhood Or Liberation From Personhood?’
• ‘Jesus Tomb’ Controversy Rages As Archaeologists Explore Another 2,000-Year-Old Tomb
• Was Jesus Happy? Americans Say Yes; South Koreans Say No
• Jesus On Pinterest
• Jerusalem District Court Issues Verdict On ‘Ossuary Of James’
• Stephen Colbert: ‘If This Is Going To Be A Christian Nation…’
• Bill Maher: The Hypocrisy Of Christians
• Reflections On The Shroud Of Turin
• New Scientific Study Indicates Shroud Of Turin Is Authentic
• Documentary: Bible-Believing Christians Explore NDEs
• The Near-Death Of A Child
• Joseph Shore: My NDE & Meeting Jesus
• Book: “Who On Earth Was Jesus?”
• The Purpose of Life, Jesus & NDEs
• Derren Brown Documentary: ‘Miracles For Sale’
• 1972 Best Documentary: Marjoe
• BBC Documentary: ‘The Lost Gospels’
• History Channel Brings ‘Real Jesus’ To Life
• Are These Two Of The Nails Used To Crucify Jesus?
• From Newly Discovered Metal Books: The First Ever Portrait Of Jesus?
• 70 Metal Books Discovered In Jordanian Cave Could Change Biblical History
• Who Wrote The Bible & Why It Matters
• Six-Part Series: “A History of Christianity” (Watch It Here)
• Shroud.com Celebrates 15th Anniversary!
• History Channel: The Real Face Of Jesus?
• Jesus & Near-Death Experiences
• BBC Documentary: “Pilgrims: Medjugorje” (Watch It Here)
• Free Teleseminar: Evolutionary Christianity
• What Were The Earliest Followers Of Jesus Like
• The Search For A No-Frills Jesus
• Why Scholarly Attempts To Discover The ‘Real’ Jesus Have Failed
• Reflections On The Shroud Of Turin
• Shroud Of Turin Movie (Watch Online)
• Dead Sea Scrolls Going Digital
• “Ossuary Of James” Trial Comes To End
• Seeing With The Eyes Of God
• News from The Shroud of Turin Website
From NHNE’s Bookstore
Did Jesus Exist?: The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth
By Bart D. Ehrman
Who On Earth Was Jesus?: The Modern Quest for the Jesus of History
By David Boulton
The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith
By Marcus J. Borg
The Lost Gospel Q: The Original Sayings of Jesus
From Ulysses Press, Seastone
The First Paul: Reclaiming the Radical Visionary Behind the Church’s Conservative Icon
By Marcus J. Borg, John Dominic Crossan
History of Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years
Directed by Gillian Bancroft & Sian Salt
The Real Face of Jesus?
NHNE Special Reports on Jesus
History Channel: The Real Face of Jesus?
NHNE’s “Bloodline” Resource Page
Thoughts on Jesus & Gibson’s ‘Passion of Christ’
By David Sunfellow & NHNE Readers
Jesus on Pinterest
“The media like a good fight. They pick out the extremes and they leave out all the people in the middle who believe in both God and evolution.”
– Ian Barbour
The Sayings Gospel Q
• The Search for a No-Frills Jesus (An article in the Atlantic Monthly about the Sayings Gospel Q)
• Wikipedia on Q
• The Lost Sayings Gospel Q
• The Sayings Gospel Q — English Translation of the International Q Project
• Q Web Materials
• The Gospel of Q; All Sides to the Controversy
• The Case for Q (pdf)
This is a chapter Robert Perry wrote for an academic collection called “The Healing Power of Spirituality: How Faith Helps Humans Thrive,” edited by J. Harold Ellens. In the Sayings Gospel Q, the opening sermon, which was the basis for Matthew’s Sermon on the Mount and Luke’s Sermon on the Plain, is largely a series of elaborations on the core injunction to “love your enemies.” This chapter is Robert’s attempt to draw out the meaning of this discourse on loving one’s enemies, and thereby to capture what may well be the heart of the historical Jesus’ vision. What we find there is something that, rather than being a somewhat primitive relic of the past, is radical and deeply challenging for any time, including our own.
General Jesus Resources
Shroud of Turin Resources
“I’m a Jew who can say that my faith in God was restored by my study of the Shroud of Turin. So the Shroud isn’t just for Christians; it’s for everyone!”
– Barrie Schwortz, creator of the Shroud of Turin website